Sumitomo Electric Lightwave…Tailoring Your Fiber Optic Network
Sumitomo Electric Lightwave continues to introduce new products and solutions that give you a "first-to-market" competitive edge.
Dedicated to the advancement of local and long-distance telecommunications, CATV, and bandwidth technologies, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave is a leading manufacturer and supplier of the world's best-engineered products with which to "tailor" your ideal network or system solution:
- Optical fiber cable
- Interconnect assemblies
- Fusion splicer products
- Fiber Distribution systems
- Ribbon-configured solutions
- Fiber-to-the building, Fiber-in-the building,
- Fiber-to-the home, and passive optical solutions
- FutureFlex® Airblown Fiber
- Sumitomo's Electro-optic devices, and WDM products
available through Excelight, a Sumitomo company -www.excelight.com
Because Sumitomo designs, manufactures, and innovates complete product lines within the "physical layer" of optic networks, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave can be your sole supplier and partner to meet your most challenging bandwidth management, fiber deployment, or outside plant requirements.
By responding to market needs and working with our customers in the joint pursuit of new and better technologies, Sumitomo has achieved a leadership status in fiber optic innovations…such as:
- Developing the first and best peelable ribbon cable in the U.S.
- Designing the world's first mass fusion splicing equipment
- Introducing the first 432-fiber hostile cable
- Pioneering the miniaturization of fiber connectors including the 24-fiber backplane and MT/MPO.
- Bringing FC, SC, and MU connector technologies to the U.S. and throughout the globe.
- Developing the first fiber grating stabilization of 1480 pump lasers
- Introducing the US 's first and only UL riser and plenum rated airblown fiber cable
- By listening, responding, acting, and working closely with our customers, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave is paving the way together with leaders in the industry to bring about the most revolutionary products and network innovations for fiber-to-the- home, fiber-to-the desk, and other "fiber-to-you" architectures
These are only some of the many innovations that Sumitomo has introduced in its commitment to provide the best customer service and to "tailor" solutions … that give you a competitive advantage in the ever - changing communications marketplace.
Sumitomo Electric Lightwave, located in Research Triangle Park, NC, is a company within the global network of Sumitomo Electric Industries, LTD (SEI). With over 60,000 employees, SEI's worldwide business network spans throughout Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, and Central and South America. Established in 1897 to manufacture bare copper wire, SEI has become one of the world's leading edge forces in the R&D and manufacturing of advanced fiber optic products and a renowned innovator in the development of fiber-to-the-home solutions.
Among its accomplishments, SEI has developed optical fiber that exhibits the world's lowest transmission loss, and its fusion technology is considered to be the best in the industry. As part of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave draws not only on its own outstanding resources and expertise, but on the vast, worldwide Sumitomo consolidation to address the growing demand for new and better technology.
When we asked our customers - some of the leading telecommunications, CATV, and datacom companies in the industry - why they chose to work with Sumitomo Electric Lightwave, they responded that SEL goes the extra mile to meet their needs by "tailoring" the right solution. And its our ability and willingness to tailor the right solution for you that sets us apart from other fiber optic manufacturers.
With the convergence of data, voice, and video, assisting our customers in the development of first-to-market innovations through tailoring requires:
- Listening and responding to our customers better than any other company in the industry
- Offering our customers flexibility through customizable options
- Providing the best -engineered products, and technical expertise with which to tailor your ideal solution
- Integrating our resources and products within our fiber optic cable, interconnect and
Sumitomo's electro-optic divisions (Excelight;www.excelight.com) to provide unique solutions that meet your special needs
- Continually offering new and better technologies for managing the bandwidth of the optical network
When purchasing the right fiber optic products for your network applications, you can rest
assured that our products do what we say they'll do. At Sumitomo Electric Lightwave, ISO
9001 manufacturing, Telcordia compliance, and upcoming TL-9000 certifications, are just the
beginning of the high standards to which our products must adhere. The promise to exceed
our customers' expectations of product excellence has been ingrained as a tradition within
the Sumitomo corporate culture and manufacturing process for over 100 years - ensuring our
future stability and success … and that of our customers.