Customers of Azure Virtual Desktop services can now use eG Enterprise to monitor all aspects of user experience, get end-to-end visibility into the performance of all the IT tiers supporting Azure AVD, get in-depth insights to troubleshoot performance issues quickly, be proactively and accurately alerted to the root-cause of problems, and obtain analytics and insights that help optimize the AVD infrastructure to accommodate more users or reduce costs and thereby deliver greater ROI for the organization.
Iselin, NJ (PRWEB) - eG Innovations, a world leader in providing digital workspace monitoring solutions, today announced that its eG Enterprise monitoring, diagnosis and reporting solution has full support for Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) and Microsoft's multi-session Windows desktop technologies.
Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) and Microsoft's multi-session Windows desktop technologies supported on Azure cloud allow admins to provision virtual desktops on-demand. Integration with Azure Active Directory and FSLogix ensures secure access with efficient profile management.
Since 2001, eG Innovations has been providing IT monitoring solutions to address the unique performance challenges that application and desktop virtualization pose both on-premises and in the cloud. eG Innovations' flagship monitoring solution, eG Enterprise, has been purpose-built for digital workspace environments, and its technologies now support the full IT landscape and stack of Microsoft AVD deployments.
Speaking about the launch of the AVD monitoring support announcement, Srinivas Ramanathan, CEO of eG Innovations said, “AVD adoption is on the rise, both in smaller and larger organizations. In fact, our recent AVD Adoption Survey results predict that 80% of organizations expect to adopt AVD for virtual desktops before the end of 2023. Customers can now monitor their on-premise and cloud-based digital workspaces in a consistent manner, from the same web console.”
With eG Enterprise for Microsoft AVD, IT teams can:
- Monitor all aspects of user experience - logon time, application launch time, frame rate, connection bandwidth - using a combination of synthetic and real user monitoring.
- Get end-to-end visibility into the performance of all the IT tiers supporting Azure AVD including the Azure cloud infrastructure, Azure host pools, session hosts, Azure Active Directory and Azure AD connect, FSLogix, storage, connectors, network connectivity, and virtual desktops and the user endpoints.
- Get in-depth insights to troubleshoot performance issues quickly including logon time breakdowns, user virtual channel metrics, browser URL monitoring, application resource usage tracking, etc.
- Be proactively and accurately alerted to the root-cause of problems using a combination of AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for Operations) technologies that support a mix of pre-configured and dynamic automatic baselining of metrics and intelligent dependency-based correlation rules.
- Obtain analytics and insights that help optimize the AVD infrastructure to accommodate more users or reduce costs and thereby deliver greater ROI for the organization.
Key features of eG Enterprise’s AVD monitoring technology include:
- Ready-to-go rich graphical, live dashboards and historical reports providing tailored views for different stakeholders including help desk staff, system administrators, architects and management auditors.
- Dedicated features to support Microsoft partners delivering AVD as a managed service, including multi-tenancy, segregated views and flexible self-service administration and licensing.
- Integration with major ITSM and service desk systems, including ServiceNow, Autotask, Microsoft Teams, PagerDuty and others, to ensure that support tickets are automatically generated and closed.
- Deployment options include private cloud/on-premise deployment and ready-to-go SaaS available in multiple regions for regulatory compliance.
Speaking about eG Innovations’ new AVD monitoring capabilities, Freek Berson, Microsoft MVP, and AVD Evangelist at Wortell said: “I’m impressed with what eG Enterprise has to offer in end-to-end monitoring for Azure Virtual Desktop. The auto-discovery capabilities, including out-of-the-box thresholds, allow for easy and fast configuration. Getting detailed insights into logon duration, application launch times and the perceived end-user experience is great. eG Enterprise goes beyond monitoring Azure Virtual Desktop only, with the ability to also closely monitor all surrounding infrastructure like Azure, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory Domain Services and any application backend. This makes eG Enterprise a key addition to any organization deploying virtual desktops on Azure.” Learn more about eG Innovations solutions for AVD at: Azure Cloud Monitoring Tools & Solutions | eG Innovations
About eG Innovations
eG Innovations is dedicated to helping businesses across the globe transform IT service delivery into a competitive advantage and a center for productivity, growth and profit. Many of the world's largest businesses use eG Enterprise to enhance IT service performance, increase operational efficiency, ensure IT effectiveness and deliver on the ROI promise of transformational IT investments across physical, virtual and cloud environments. Visit us at http://www.eginnovations.com or on Twitter at @eGInnovations.